Get it done! Top 5 Action Items from TEDx Portland 2014
This past weekend I attended the 4th annual TEDx Portland. Over 2,500 people converged on Keller Auditorium… [more]
A Wall, No Matter How Pretty, Is Still…a Wall
During the summer of 2013, my husband and I took a very uncharacteristic vacation to a spa in Scottsdale,… [more]
Finding the magic to work/life balance
An audience of over 50 people convened at the AIA Center for Architecture Wednesday evening to listen… [more]
I Bet You Can’t Guess What this Is!
From the annals of Did an intern design this building? Can you tell what it is? I was speaking… [more]
It’s Official, I’m a Parking Groupie!
Yes, this is my autographed copy of the High Cost of Free Parking! I had the pleasure of serving on… [more]
Portland provides $300,000 worth of incentives for going green!
Beginning this month, a fund of $300,000 will be made available… [more]
Portlandia: Milquetoast Bureau of Planning Edition
Since the 1990s, Portland has not had parking minimums in much of the city, from the downtown core to… [more]
Lemon Hotel to infuse new life in the North Park Blocks
At the edge of the Pearl District, a mixed-use development at the corner of NW Everett Street and Park… [more]
When Improving Places, It Always Comes Down to People
What is one of the first things I consider when I'm working in a mixed-use district, whether I'm helping… [more]
Headlines & CommentaryOPEN TO ALL REGISTERED USERS! Login, go to an UrbDeZine City site, enter post in front page window.
- In Portland, a Contested Tent City Offers the 'Right 2 Dream Too' - CityLabNovember 28, 2014 4:19 pm0 Comments
- Oregon Walks celebrates Vision Zero plan and honors livable-streets visionaries - BikePortland.orgNovember 25, 2014 11:28 am0 Comments
- As Nike expands, so too could nearby biking options - BikePortland.orgNovember 25, 2014 11:26 am0 Comments
- Oregonian: Black-owned building in North Portland wins Environmental Protection Agency's top award: diversity news rounduphttp://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2014/11/black-owned_building_in_north.html#incart_riverNovember 25, 2014 11:24 am0 Comments
- Portland Architecture: Grocery games at Grant Park VillageNovember 25, 2014 11:19 am0 Comments
- Portland just completed what may be the world's first citywide skateboard count - BikePortland.orgNovember 20, 2014 3:47 pm0 Comments
- Oregonian: Portland Bureau of Transportation paying nearly $150,000 for 'vision' of its 'transportation future'November 19, 2014 9:50 am0 Comments
- Oregonian: History blog: Portland's cable-car railway adventureNovember 19, 2014 9:48 am0 Comments
- Lloyd District developers plan for free 12-hour bike valet and on-site bike shop - BikePortland.orgNovember 19, 2014 9:46 am0 Comments
- Portland Architecture: Design calendar: November 17-30November 19, 2014 9:31 am0 Comments
News & Viewsfrom UrbDeZine Panelists.
This past weekend I attended the 4th annual TEDx Portland. Over 2,500 people converged on Keller Auditorium to hear some[Read More…]
During the summer of 2013, my husband and I took a very uncharacteristic vacation to a spa in Scottsdale, Arizona.[Read More…]
An audience of over 50 people convened at the AIA Center for Architecture Wednesday evening to listen in on a[Read More…]
From the annals of Did an intern design this building? Can you tell what it is? I was speaking at[Read More…]