Get it done! Top 5 Action Items from TEDx Portland 2014
This past weekend I attended the 4th annual TEDx Portland. Over 2,500 people converged on Keller Auditorium… [more]
A Wall, No Matter How Pretty, Is Still…a Wall
During the summer of 2013, my husband and I took a very uncharacteristic vacation to a spa in Scottsdale,… [more]
Finding the magic to work/life balance
An audience of over 50 people convened at the AIA Center for Architecture Wednesday evening to listen… [more]
I Bet You Can’t Guess What this Is!
From the annals of Did an intern design this building? Can you tell what it is? I was speaking… [more]
It’s Official, I’m a Parking Groupie!
Yes, this is my autographed copy of the High Cost of Free Parking! I had the pleasure of serving on… [more]
Portland provides $300,000 worth of incentives for going green!
Beginning this month, a fund of $300,000 will be made available… [more]
Portlandia: Milquetoast Bureau of Planning Edition
Since the 1990s, Portland has not had parking minimums in much of the city, from the downtown core to… [more]
Lemon Hotel to infuse new life in the North Park Blocks
At the edge of the Pearl District, a mixed-use development at the corner of NW Everett Street and Park… [more]
When Improving Places, It Always Comes Down to People
What is one of the first things I consider when I'm working in a mixed-use district, whether I'm helping… [more]
Headlines & CommentaryOPEN TO ALL REGISTERED USERS! Login, go to an UrbDeZine City site, enter post in front page window.
- This Genius Project Would Create Tiny Homes For People Making Less Than $15,000 A Year - HuffPostAugust 30, 2014 7:25 pm0 Comments
- Neighbors resist affordable housing infill; PSU president does ALS challenge: SE and SW Portland news - OregonLive.comAugust 29, 2014 3:05 pm0 Comments
- Portland Japanese Garden's expansion plan moving ahead, with some neighbors satisfied and others not - OregonLiveAugust 29, 2014 3:03 pm0 Comments
- Portland Architecture: Making connections: the Collaborative Life Sciences BuildingAugust 29, 2014 3:01 pm0 Comments
- BTA throws weight behind five new greenways east of 205 - BikePortland.orgAugust 29, 2014 3:01 pm0 Comments
- Green roof inspirations: Highrise to tiny house, lawns to small containers - OregonLiveAugust 27, 2014 12:25 pm0 Comments
- Affordable housing planned for inner SE Portland park in nonprofit's attempt to combat gentrification - OregonLiveAugust 25, 2014 1:18 pm0 Comments
- Developer proposes to bring hip Marriott hotel brand to downtown Portland on city-owned site - OregonLiveAugust 25, 2014 1:16 pm0 Comments
- Portland one of nation's 10 hottest 'urban islands,' climate report says: Portland City Hall Roundup - OregonLiveAugust 25, 2014 1:16 pm0 Comments
- Portland Architecture: The Blue Room, biophilia and retrofitting Oregon's prisonsAugust 25, 2014 1:14 pm0 Comments
News & Viewsfrom UrbDeZine Panelists.
This past weekend I attended the 4th annual TEDx Portland. Over 2,500 people converged on Keller Auditorium to hear some[Read More...]
During the summer of 2013, my husband and I took a very uncharacteristic vacation to a spa in Scottsdale, Arizona.[Read More...]
An audience of over 50 people convened at the AIA Center for Architecture Wednesday evening to listen in on a[Read More...]
From the annals of Did an intern design this building? Can you tell what it is? I was speaking at[Read More...]