Get it done! Top 5 Action Items from TEDx Portland 2014
This past weekend I attended the 4th annual TEDx Portland. Over 2,500 people converged on Keller Auditorium… [more]
A Wall, No Matter How Pretty, Is Still…a Wall
During the summer of 2013, my husband and I took a very uncharacteristic vacation to a spa in Scottsdale,… [more]
Finding the magic to work/life balance
An audience of over 50 people convened at the AIA Center for Architecture Wednesday evening to listen… [more]
I Bet You Can’t Guess What this Is!
From the annals of Did an intern design this building? Can you tell what it is? I was speaking… [more]
It’s Official, I’m a Parking Groupie!
Yes, this is my autographed copy of the High Cost of Free Parking! I had the pleasure of serving on… [more]
Portland provides $300,000 worth of incentives for going green!
Beginning this month, a fund of $300,000 will be made available… [more]
Portlandia: Milquetoast Bureau of Planning Edition
Since the 1990s, Portland has not had parking minimums in much of the city, from the downtown core to… [more]
Lemon Hotel to infuse new life in the North Park Blocks
At the edge of the Pearl District, a mixed-use development at the corner of NW Everett Street and Park… [more]
When Improving Places, It Always Comes Down to People
What is one of the first things I consider when I'm working in a mixed-use district, whether I'm helping… [more]
Headlines & CommentaryOPEN TO ALL REGISTERED USERS! Login, go to an UrbDeZine City site, enter post in front page window.
- Portland Architecture: Design Calendar: August 1-15July 31, 2014 6:06 pm0 Comments
- Historic Landmarks Commission cites 'epidemic of demolitions' in Portland, proposes changes - OregonLiveJuly 31, 2014 6:04 pm0 Comments
- City's Comp Plan makes it clear: Portland is mostly finished adding auto capacity - BikePortland.orgJuly 26, 2014 12:38 pm0 Comments
- Portland's grown up plans: 7 thoughts from the city's draft blueprint for the next 20 years - OregonLiveJuly 26, 2014 12:36 pm0 Comments
- Multnomah County seeks new courthouse site with room to grow - OregonLiveJuly 26, 2014 12:32 pm0 Comments
- Lloyd Center to begin $50 million renovation project, largest since its enclosure - OregonLiveJuly 26, 2014 12:30 pm0 Comments
- City drops 84 bike parking spaces into East Portland parking lots - BikePortland.orgJuly 22, 2014 5:14 pm0 Comments
- New path link will open in time to greet Sellwood Bridge, County says - BikePortland.orgJuly 22, 2014 5:14 pm0 Comments
- Portland planners release video, let residents know they live in a growing and 'great American city' - OregonLiveJuly 22, 2014 5:12 pm0 Comments
- Portland Mayor Charlie Hales takes meeting with developer that proposed 'terrible' JumpTown district - OregonLive.comJuly 22, 2014 5:09 pm0 Comments
News & Viewsfrom UrbDeZine Panelists.
This past weekend I attended the 4th annual TEDx Portland. Over 2,500 people converged on Keller Auditorium to hear some[Read More...]
During the summer of 2013, my husband and I took a very uncharacteristic vacation to a spa in Scottsdale, Arizona.[Read More...]
An audience of over 50 people convened at the AIA Center for Architecture Wednesday evening to listen in on a[Read More...]
From the annals of Did an intern design this building? Can you tell what it is? I was speaking at[Read More...]