Get it done! Top 5 Action Items from TEDx Portland 2014
This past weekend I attended the 4th annual TEDx Portland. Over 2,500 people converged on Keller Auditorium… [more]
A Wall, No Matter How Pretty, Is Still…a Wall
During the summer of 2013, my husband and I took a very uncharacteristic vacation to a spa in Scottsdale,… [more]
Finding the magic to work/life balance
An audience of over 50 people convened at the AIA Center for Architecture Wednesday evening to listen… [more]
I Bet You Can’t Guess What this Is!
From the annals of Did an intern design this building? Can you tell what it is? I was speaking… [more]
It’s Official, I’m a Parking Groupie!
Yes, this is my autographed copy of the High Cost of Free Parking! I had the pleasure of serving on… [more]
Portland provides $300,000 worth of incentives for going green!
Beginning this month, a fund of $300,000 will be made available… [more]
Portlandia: Milquetoast Bureau of Planning Edition
Since the 1990s, Portland has not had parking minimums in much of the city, from the downtown core to… [more]
Lemon Hotel to infuse new life in the North Park Blocks
At the edge of the Pearl District, a mixed-use development at the corner of NW Everett Street and Park… [more]
When Improving Places, It Always Comes Down to People
What is one of the first things I consider when I'm working in a mixed-use district, whether I'm helping… [more]
Headlines & CommentaryOPEN TO ALL REGISTERED USERS! Login, go to an UrbDeZine City site, enter post in front page window.
- With tiny houses in the news, a look back at micro apartments (video) - OregonLive.comAugust 21, 2014 1:02 pm0 Comments
- Why is the $650,000 Heritage Plaza, built to honor African-America history, empty? North and NE Portland newsAugust 21, 2014 1:01 pm0 Comments
- Meeting could spark formation of a "more assertive advocacy group" in Portland - BikePortland.orgAugust 21, 2014 12:59 pm0 Comments
- Portland Architecture: Ode to a glass box: the new downtown Apple storeAugust 21, 2014 12:55 pm0 Comments
- Why Portland Is Building a Multi-Modal Bridge That Bans Cars - CityLabAugust 20, 2014 9:28 am0 Comments
- Portland Street Fee: Committees study capping fees for businesses, linking residential rate to income - OregonLiveAugust 18, 2014 11:22 am0 Comments
- 23,000 new apartments and condos projected for downtown. Where will they go? Portland City Hall RoundupAugust 15, 2014 2:52 pm0 Comments
- Portland Architecture: Design Calendar: August 16-31August 15, 2014 2:50 pm0 Comments
- Portland Architecture: Pattern language: a visit to Overton 19August 13, 2014 8:08 am0 Comments
- Vancouver city attorney: Uber ride-sharing drivers are breaking the law - OregonLive.comAugust 13, 2014 8:05 am0 Comments
News & Viewsfrom UrbDeZine Panelists.
This past weekend I attended the 4th annual TEDx Portland. Over 2,500 people converged on Keller Auditorium to hear some[Read More...]
During the summer of 2013, my husband and I took a very uncharacteristic vacation to a spa in Scottsdale, Arizona.[Read More...]
An audience of over 50 people convened at the AIA Center for Architecture Wednesday evening to listen in on a[Read More...]
From the annals of Did an intern design this building? Can you tell what it is? I was speaking at[Read More...]